1. Investigate and Analyze the Company’s History and Growth. A company’s past can greatly affect the 1 answer below »
1. Investigate and Analyze the Company’s History and Growth. A company’s past can greatly affect the present and future state of the organization. To begin your case study analysis, investigate the company’s founding, critical events that prompted evolution, its structure and growth. Discuss the company’s position and strategy on Lean Six Sigma and how its culture and governance were compromised to foster a culture committed to Lean Six Sigma. Include obstacles encountered and plans executed to overcome any adversity in entrenching Lean Six Sigma into the company’s culture. Identify Strengths and Weaknesses Within the Company. Using the information you gathered in step one, continue your case study analysis by examining and identifying the value creation functions of the company from a business strategy perspective. For example, the company may be weak in product design, but strong in product realization and design for manufacturability. This is why the company identified the ‘X’ process for “leaning” out. The “X” should be the area or process selected by the company for waste elimination.
3. Define the Problem. The problem should hone in on one of the 8 Wastes, capacity constraints, lead time/delinquency/delivery issues, product valuation or customer focus) that existed prior to the Lean methodology/concept adopted by the company. Provide a brief discussion on the Lean method implemented and the steps taken to successfully
4. Define the Lean Methodology. What methodology was adopted to address the problem? Briefly discuss the exact Lean methodology used, obstacles encountered and plans executed to get the project charter off the ground.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
5. What was the Current State. What was the current state of the process prior to the implementation of the lean methodology? Was a VSM event conducted to identify value/non-value added activities and other waste inherent in the process?
6. What was the Future State. What was the future state? What were the goals and objectives established as a result of the Lean event.
7. Analyze Implementations. Identify and analyze the structure and control systems that the company used to gage its success in eliminating or mitigating the identified waste(s). Discuss the scope of the change event, how the company managed and/or accelerated the change process, how the company engaged and empowered the workforceand other issues experienced during the “leaning” out process.
8. Conclusion. What was the end result from a financial perspective, capacity gain, machine utilization, OEE, lead-time reduction or strengthening customer focus, cost reduction, value creation? Conclusion should be both qualitative and quantitative in nature.