A bibliography is a list of sources (books, journals, websites, etc.) that were consulted during the research process. A bibliography includes the bibliographic information (author, title, publisher, etc.) cited in MLA format.
An annotation is a summary and evaluation of a source.
Therefore, an annotated bibliography is a bibliography of sources which includes a summary and evaluation of each source along with the citation.
For this assignment, you will construct an annotated bibliography of the sources you plan to use for your essay 3 project. After each citation, you will write an annotation. Your annotations should do the following:
- Summarize: What type of source is this? What is the point of this text? What topics are covered? How would you describe this source to someone who is not familiar with it?
- Evaluate: How does this source fit into your research? How does it help you shape your argument? How can you use this source in your research paper? Has it changed how you think about your topic?
- Your annotated bibliography must include at least 5 sources. Your citations of these sources must adhere to MLA format.
- Sources should be listed in alphabetical order according to the author’s last name.
- Annotations should be 100-150 words each.
- Unlike your regular Works Cited page (which is double-spaced), I would like you to single-space your annotated bibliography, with an extra line between each citation and annotation.