A nurse should carefully monitor a patient who is receiving intravenous lidocaine hydrochloride for which adverse effects?
• Flank pain
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Why is pancrelipase prescribed for a child diagnosed with cystic fibrosis?
• To decrease production of flatus
• To prevent intestinal mucous accumulation
• To enhance gastrointestinal motility
• To promote absorption of nutrients ad fat
A patient who has had a kidney transplant is receiving cyclosporine. A nurse observes the patient for signs of which problem?
• Postural hypotension
• Impaired circulation
• Gastric ulcer
A patient who takes a theophylline preparation tör the treatment of’ asthma has recently given birth and plants to breast-feed her newborn. The nurse should inform the woman that theophylline excreted in breast milk and
• She should supplement breast-feeding with formula
• May cause her infant to develop drug dependency
• May cause irritability or sleeplessness in her infant
• She should use breast shield when breast-feeding
An adult patient is to receive a blood transfusion. A nurse selection of the size of the intravenous needle should be based on which factor?
• The volume of blood to be infused
• The need to avoid injury to the blood cells
• The reason for the blood transfusion
• The rate of infusion of the blood products.
A- patient is receiving an intravenous infusion of one liter of 5% dextrose in water with 20,000 units of heparin sodium to infuse at 125 mL/hr. How many units per hour?
- Compare and contrast the characteristics/behaviors/competencies observed in two leadership models (for example, Lewin’s leadership style). Which model would be most effective for adaptation to a climate for EBP? Explain why.