After studying Module 7: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- Select one of the 2022 National Patient Safety Goals.
- Share your thoughts about the opportunities and challenges related to achieving the goal in your work environment.
2022 National Patient Safety Goals: https://www.jointcommission.org/standards/national-patient-safety-goals/ (Links to an external site.)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted, and cited in the current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Module 7: Lecture Materials & Resources
National Patient Safety Goals
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2020).
- Chapters 56, 58, 59, 60, 62, 63, 66, 70, & 71
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website, locate and read the article(s) below:
- Dyal, B., Whyte, M., Blankenship, S. M., & Ford, L. G. (2016). Outcomes of implementing an evidence-based hypertension clinical guideline in an academic nurse managed health center. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 13(1), 89–93. https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12135
- Thomas-Hawkins, C. (2020). Registered Nurse staffing, workload, and nursing care left undone, and their relationships to patient safety in hemodialysis units. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 47(2), 133–143. https://doi.org/10.37526/1526-744X.2020.47.2.133
- QSEN Competencies Download QSEN Competencies
Sherwood, G., & Zomorodi, M. (2016). A new mindset for quality and safety: The QSEN Competencies redefine nurses’ roles in practice. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 41(1), 15–72.
- National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2021 for the Hospital Program Download National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2021 for the Hospital Program
The Joint Commission. (2021). Hospital: National patient safety goals for 2021. https://www.jointcommission.org/standards/national-patient-safety-goals/hospital-national-patient-safety-goals/