Provide your essay response to the question below. A minimum of 300 words is required for this essay.
- At the top of your Essay state your Rank, Full name, Agency and Session number.
- Be sure you are writing in APA with a minimum of one source.
- Type your essay in a Word Document to utilize the “word-count” feature and ensure a minimum of 300 words. Then copy and paste from Word into your essay text box.
- You will not be required to format this 300 word Essay in the full APA format that is required in your case study. You ONLY need to use APA in your reference and in text citation.
- Make certain that you paste the CORRECT essay that corresponds to the question below into the text box. Proof read your essay very carefully before submitting it. You will be graded on the quality of your content and your proper use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Click on “Finish Essay” to submit your essay.
- Your score will show as 0/100% until your instructor grades your essay. Your grade will then update automatically in your grade book.
- Print your essay page and place in your folder.
- Your Essay Question
You learned in this module that challenges of performance management systems are evident in law enforcement due to the current litigious environment of police labor grievances, accommodations and entitlements, increased public accountability, and fast tracked promotions. With this environment in mind, briefly share an example from your experience that indicates how the S.M.A.R.T. Goal method of performance management was used – or could be used – to ensure that teams understand what is expected of them to prevent inadequate performance.