Final Report TEMPLATE
Final Report TEMPLATE
NOTE: Please use the “Grammar Check” link in the left side bar in Interact to check the grammar of your
final report before submitting it.
Paper Type: A4
The final report assignment should be around 7000 words, excluding the references and have the following
Abstract: (altogether ~200 words)
Give a brief overview of the aims, methods and expected findings of your work, and your contribution in this
project. Write each of these points as small paragraph.
1. Introduction: (altogether 300~400 words)
* Give a definition of the topic you are researching (a description, an argument or a proposal)
• Tell your reader what is of interest to you for your research and state the problem (the narrow field you have
researched, i.e. automated feedback for tertiary students).)
• Tell your reader what it is NOT of interest to you for your research (i.e. you are NOT doing research on
primary or secondary students)
• State the overall findings from your review (i.e. what do most sources conclude).
2. Literature Review: (1600 – 1800 words)
29/01/2021 63005 – Final Report TEMPLATENOTE: Please use the “Grammar Check”
• Describe the field of research and show your reader how you will organise your research (in sections with
• Write your 12 reviews, using the following guide:
1. Organise the 12 reviews in blocks (depending on what is important for you) – you may have noticed
categories some research papers fall into.
? By technology
? By results
? (Pl do not discuss paper by paper)
2. Check all papers to see what you can describe together.
3. Describe the research (what they did; how they did it; what technology they used) + evaluate the
contribution the work makes to the field (i.e. why is this work important; how does it differ from other work)
+ show the limitations of the research (what did the researchers identify as limitations)
+ show what you think are omissions, gaps or limitations (you know this topic now; you should able to
identify if they have not done something: gaps and limitations are the justification for doing this research) +
show how the research is valuable for your project (link it to your work). See 2nd page for the sample
4. Identify relationships among studies in the same group/block:
Note relationships among studies (i.e. this work achieved higher accuracy than other studies using the
ROTTO algorithm because …). Identify important studies (landmark studies) that led to subsequent studies in
the same area.
5. Keep your review focused on your topic: make sure that the articles you have found are relevant and
directly related to your topic.
6. If you include tables, diagrams, flowcharts or formulas as part of your review, each of them should be
given a figure/ table number and that number must be cited in the main text with a detailed explanation
(below the figure).
In Literature review section you need to show and describe component table, classification table and overall
architecture. The classification table should be in landscape mode.
4. Evaluation table – need to explain the key columns in this table. Min 250-300 words per table. The tables
with more than 6-7 columns, need to put in landscape mode.
5. Verification – need to draw the figure on “the percentage of components or classes which were described
in the selected publication (30 papers) and “Term Frequency in the 30 Chosen Publications” and explain
those two in minimum of 300-400 words.
6. Discussion ( at least one page or words between 1000 – 1500)
• Consolidate your research space (restate what you wanted to achieve – if you are developing a framework
from your research, your aim has been to justify the need for a framework (this should be in your
• Revisit the most important findings from your literature review (explain why they are important (in the case
of a framework: because although each valuable on its own, the approaches are so fragmented and diverse
that they hinder the advance of the field of research as a whole).
• Point to the limitations of your own study.
• This is the key part of your assignment and please put more emphasis on this. You need always link your
critical analysis with the framework you proposed.
• Divide the discussion based on the key components
7. Future work (200 -300 words)
Recommend a course of action and identify areas for future research
8. Conclusion (150-200 words)
Summarise the key findings from the literature review (positive); restate the limitations; based on these
limitations, justify your research proposal (i.e. discuss the gap/niche you identified).
9. References (~ 75 articles)
Please note that you need to add all 30-35 references you have collected in your weekly submissions and the
other additional 2 references you have given for each journal paper. That means you should have a reference
list of 75. Please do the citation of all these papers in the main document (mindful of the comments on
9. Appendix – all abbreviations need to put here in 8-9” times New romans font.