20. Kim periodically teaches classes to employees. Topics range from basic CPR to dealing with menopause. Kim knows that the most effective way to teach is to tailor her classes to adult learners. In Piaget’s theory of cognitive development, the highest or most complex level is
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
C. formal operations.
D. application of knowledge.
21. Karamjit Kaur, a 50-year-old woman, has been referred to Kim because she has excessive work absences related to stress. Stressors common to women in their 40s and 50s include (Select all that apply.)
A. career changes.
B. financial insecurity.
C. raising preschoolers.
D. caring for elderly parents.
E. coping with divorce or death of a spouse.
22. Ben Jaramillo’s wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Kim wants to help Ben deal with some of the stressors and anxieties that come with such a diagnosis. An _____________ is a legal document prepared when an individual is alive, competent, and able to make decisions to provide guidelines for health care providers in the future, when the individual is not able to make decisions because of physical disability (being unconscious) or mental incompetence.
23. Which of the following are major activities older adults can engage in to promote health and prevent frailty? (Select all that apply.)
A. Maintain a healthy weight and diet.
B. Stay active.
C. Keep regular medical appointments.
D. Take a daily aspirin.
E. Practice fall prevention.
24. Which of the following should be a primary focus for Rajinder when assessing the nutritional content of his older adult residents?
A. The use of canned versus frozen produce
B. The availability of cultural choices
C. The content of fat, cholesterol, and salt
D. Visual appeal
25. Rajinder arranges a health fair at the community center. He is focusing on blood pressure and cholesterol screenings. This is an example of _______ prevention.
26. A client says to Jared, “I’m so scared all of the time. I never imagined that I would lose my sight and have to learn to live without seeing things around me.” This client is displaying which aspect of self-awareness?
A. Emotional understanding
D. Practical reflection
27. It is important to Jared that his clients trust him. Strategies that promote trust include which of the following? (Select all that apply.)
A. Being unpredictable
B. Being on time
C. Ignoring behaviors that interfere with trust
D. Trusting the individual to do as promised
E. Clearly defining the relationship parameters and expectations