Week 3 – Assignment
Final Paper Outline
[WLOs: 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review all of the Week 3 Required Resources. Looking ahead at your Week 5 Final Paper, provide an outline highlighting the major points of your paper. In your outline, include all major ideas your Final Paper will address, with two to three sentence explanations for each.
In your paper, outline the following:
- Provide your thesis statement, which identifies the topic of your paper.
- Summarize your chosen topic.
- Describe your topic including whether you are focusing on treatment or punishment.
- Provide data to show how treatment or punishment has an impact on juveniles, the community, and the juvenile justice system.
- List the cultural and diversity issues present in your chosen juvenile justice problem.
- Describe how addressing your chosen perspective (treatment or punishment) contributes to the goal of a more just society.
- Analyze the empirical research on your chosen topic.
- You may use your Week 2 Annotated Bibliography to complete this section of the paper.
As with all well-researched and organized writing, your topic (first) sentences of your paragraphs contain the major ideas of your paper. Therefore, this outline can be used in the construction of the body of your Final Paper in Week 5. Please visit the Ashford Writing Center to access information on how to develop your Outlining (Links to an external site.).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The Final Paper Outline
- Must be 900 to 1,200 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.