Students will select an ASX listed company and prepare a 2000-word report regarding its
financial and non-financial management (30 marks).
Students will present the report in a 5-minute video (5 marks).
• Students will write a financial management report and record a video presentation on a
selected company, based on concepts learned in Weeks 1-8.
• Students will provide a clear recommendation to a nominated stakeholder of the selected
• Students will interpret financial, non-financial and sustainability metrics and consider ethics
issues related to the selected company.
• The assessment addresses Learning Outcomes 1 to 3.
• Students will select an ASX listed company that has currently published financial statements
which meet accepted standards of financial reporting.
• The report is limited to 2000 words (+/- 200 words), excluding the title page, bibliography and
• The report is to be formally written as per Resource A below.
• The report is to be submitted via Turnitin.
• The video is to be of 5 minutes duration, in accordance with Resource B below.
• The video is to submitted via a separate dedicated link. The MyKBS Assessment page
provides a ‘how to’ Help link in relation to video assignments.
Page 2 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
Resource A – Financial Management Report and Content
• The executive summary provides an outline of: the company background, the stakeholder the
report is aimed at and the purpose of the report. It also includes a brief statement of the
• The executive summary should be approximately 10% of the total word count.
Key Performance Indicators
• Present and concisely discuss key financial results and trends.
• Calculate and present relevant financial ratios.
• Present and concisely discuss non-financial and sustainability indicators.
• Consider using an appendix for extensive data tables or calculations.
Interpretation and Insights
• Explain the causes of the changes in the company’s financial performance.
• Interpret your financial ratios.
• Analyse the non-financial indicators and the company’s sustainability and/or ethical
• Consider the company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities. Alternatively, consider the
company’s business strategy, competitors and outlook.
• Reach insights on which to base your recommendation(s).
Conclusion and Recommendation
• Present the significant outcomes from your analysis.
• Clearly state an actionable recommendation(s) for your stakeholder. For example, if the
report is written for a potential shareholder, recommend a decision to invest or not invest in
the company. Alternatively, if the report is written for an internal manager, make a specific
recommendation in order to improve the financial performance of the company.
• Justify your recommendation(s).
• The Conclusion and Recommendation should be approximately 20% of total word count.
Bibliography and In-text Citations
• The Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy requires the appropriate use of in-text citations
and a bibliography. You must correctly cite all references (information sources) and comply
with the expectations for academic writing.
• The bibliography and citations are excluded from total word count.