This is a multistep prompt in which you have to answer each of the questions posed to you.
The story of Derdriu that is told in “Exile of the Sons of Uisliu” is one of great tragedy, but it’s also one of great strength. Discuss the depiction, the representation, and the treatment of Derdriu in the short tale, beginning with her rather unusual birth up through the point of her death. Would you consider her to be a heroic woman? Explain why or why not, using examples and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In the final part of your answer, explain whether or not your opinion of Conchobor has changed from his first description in “How Conchobor was Begotten” to his role in Derdriu’s death.
• Your initial response should be at least 500 words in length
• Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
• Use size 12 font, one-inch margins, and double-spacing
• Consult the MLA Formatting and Style Guide to understand how to format citations and
references and for general writing assistance (writing style, mechanics, grammar, etc.).
The Táin: From the Irish Epic Táin Bó Cuailnge, translated by Thomas Kinsella. Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Before The Táin, pp. 1 to 52
- The Táin, pp. 52 to 114
- Chapter I: The Pillow Talk
- Chapter II: The Táin Bó Cuailnge Begins
- Chapter III: The Army Encounters Cúchulainn
- Chapter IV: Cúchulainn’s Boyhood Deeds
Additional Resources: External Links
Megalithic Ireland: http://www.megalithicireland.com/Clochafarmore.htm
Voices From the Dawn: https://voicesfromthedawn.com/clochafarmore-stone/
YouTube Video (Music)
Davy Spillane – Caoineadh Cú Chulainn (The Cry Of Cú Chulainn): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnli_cr2tI8&feature=youtu.be