we will discuss accents and dialects in literature. The following are a list of potential authors and works you can use for this assignment. I tried to choose works that you might easily find excerpts online. You are not required to use someone from this list, but this is a good range of different types of accents and dialects.
Authors Who Use Accents and Dialects
· Mark Twain: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Toni Morrison: The Bluest Eye
· Trainspotting: Irvine Welsh
· Wuthering Heights: Emily Bronte
· Tess of the d’Urbervilles: Thomas Hardy
· Anything by Shakespeare
Choose an author and find a brief excerpt online of one of their works. Choose a paragraph or two from their work and paste it into the discussion. Don’t forget to cite it. Then, answer the following questions about the excerpt you chose.
- What accent or dialect did this author use?
- What does the accent or dialect convey about the character(s) in this excerpt?
- Do you think the author uses the accent or dialect effectively? Why or why not?